The purpose of this website is to provide you with information based on my personal experiences. Please note: Any information you receive from me is based solely on my personal experiences, I am neither a doctor, nor a therapist.
Your doctor can tell you about what the medical reports say’s about your injury, but not how you feel mentally, physically, emotionally or the way your review by the public. But remember, it is hard for someone to explain to you what you’re going through, especially if they have never experienced it themselves.
Questions you may face
- How will my life change as a result of my injury?
- What pain and symptoms will I experience?
- Am I ever going to be the same.
- Want to be normal but I don’t feel normal in my skin,
- Will any of my friends or family understand how I feel or what I am going through?
- Am I going to have a family?
- What am I going to do for the rest of my life?
- How will I manage my personal care?
- Losing my independence from Independent to depended
- How am I going to readapt and return back to my previous normal life?
- The fear of the unknown, not knowing what the future held for me, what is it going to be like to live with a disability.
- Fears that all of my friends would abandon me,
- Will others feel like I am a burden to them?
- Not being able to do the things I’ve always done.
- How will my injury affect my relationship/marriage going further
- How am I going to be able to take care of the family?
- Going back home and going back to society
- Am I still going to be accepted.
Any information you received here is based on my own personal experience I am neither a Doctor nor therapist.
If you need help understanding what you are going through, or what to expect going forward and what is available to you after your injury, please feel free to contact me. There is life beyond your disability.